Terms & Conditions
We operate the website cagau.com (the “Website”.) We are "Cagau" owned by Cagau FZE, a company registered in the United Arab Emirates under the company license number 8216/2016 with the registered address at Fujairah, Creative Tower P.O. Box 4422 Fujairah, United Arab Emirates & registered Head Office address at 21st Floor, Metropolis Tower, Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Cagau”).
- If you are a consumer then references in these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) to “you” are to the individual using our website and purchasing the products detailed on our website (the “Products”) for private and non-commercial purposes.
- By registering with Cagau.com and ordering a Product through our Website, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who register with Cagau establish an “Account” and become “Users”. Visitors to Cagau who do not register an account, but who nevertheless use the Site affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access Cagau.
- If you do not agree these Terms, you must not use this Website.
- Please note, we reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- United Arab Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Account Registration
- Once you register an account with Cagau, and become a User, you will be able to access certain account areas whereby you can see any previous Order History an Address Book and various other features.
- During account registration, our Website will request certain User information such as Name, Email Address etc. This information is used to contact you about Products, Services and Orders in which you have applied an action or expressed interest in, on our Website.
- Placing an Order
- A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
3.2 To place an order, a visitor must become a User by creating an account;
3.3 The User places an order on the Site by “Adding to Cart” and pressing the order confirmation button at the end of the checkout process.
3.4 By confirming your order, you are agreeing to the purchase of the “a Product” you have selected from our Site and agreeing "Product" you have viewed and approved online;
3.5 At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method;
3.6 We will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you an “Order Confirmation Email”, which will make the agreement legally binding on you and us. Each order placed will incorporate the Terms and shall be a new and separate contract between you and us;
3.7 Your Order will be reviewed and then sent to our team for dispatch if in stock OR made to order;
3.8 Once your order is ready for dispatch, you will receive a “Dispatch Confirmation Email” which will include a tracking number from the chosen courier;
3.9 If your order is rejected, we will contact, you to confirm this and you will be refunded for your Order. We reserve the right to reject an order for any of the following reasons:
- If we do not have your chosen product in stock;
- If we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment and/or requested ID documentation;
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error;
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms;
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently;
- The order is a mistaken duplication;
- The prices displayed on our Website are subject to change and we reserve the right to change these at any given time.
- In rare cases, the price quoted for a Product may be displayed incorrectly. We will aim to rectify any such technical error as quickly as possible and will notify you of the correct price before you make your payment. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect price, even after an Order Confirmation email has been sent, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably be recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- The prices shown on our website are displayed in United States Dollars by default. The price of the product includes the delivery charge unless otherwise stated.
- Cagau does not cover, and will not be responsible for, the payment of any additional custom or import charges, duties or taxes incurred when the shipment reaches the destination country. Please inquire with your local authorities import offices if you are concerned that your order may incur import taxes and custom duties.
5. Delivery of Products
- The custom watches, watch parts & accessories sold on Cagau are customised in-house in our facility based in Dubai. All products are held in stock at our premises in Dubai, and are shipped directly from here to the chosen delivery location.
- Complete delivery charges and timescales can be reviewed on our delivery page.
- An estimated delivery timescale will be given for the particular Product(s). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. Dates and times given for delivery are estimates only and we shall not be liable for any delay in the delivery.
- Cagau does not cover, and will not be responsible for, the payment of any additional custom or import charges, duties or taxes incurred when the parcel reaches the destination country. Please enquire with your local authorities import offices if you are concerned that your order may incur import taxes and customs duties.
6.Cancellation or Amending an order
- You cannot cancel or edit once the order has been placed and the order confirmation email has been sent.
- We take no responsibility for customer generated mistakes, such as order quantity, and/or other ordering errors including adding the wrong delivery address. To prevent these errors from happening, please review your online order carefully and check all the details of your order before proceeding to the confirmation and payment.
7.Payments and Fees
- We accept online payments via our secure payment gateway provider, PayTabs. We accept all major Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards in USD, AED or any other currency. You will be charged in USD or AED.
- Currently, we do not accept American Express or Maestro.
- All online transactions will be debited in United States Dollars (USD) or United Arab Dirhams (AED) depending, therefore other currency cards will be subject to the exchange rates at the time of the order, and any additional fees will be subject to chosen bank.
- The total charges for the Products and delivery are listed on the checkout page and on the Order Confirmation Email.
- Payment will be deducted from your account, at the time of online authorisation and when we send you the Order Confirmation Email.
- When submitting your order, you warrant that all the detail you have provided are valid and accurate at the time, and that when your order is accepted by us, payment will be made in full.
- We currently do not offer PayPal as a method of payment.
- All credit/debit card details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties. “The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions” may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Users are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about changes on the Website.
- All the material on our Website is either owned by or licensed to Cagau and cannot be redistributed or reproduced without prior permission. This material includes, but is not limited to, designs, photography, text, content, layout, look and graphics. All worldwide rights are reserved.
- You may not copy, distribute, create any derivative work or commercially exploit content from Cagau, or any of the material found on our Website and Social Media Pages, without our prior written permission.
- Unauthorised use of this website and the materials within it may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Cagau, and while we endeavour to keep information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, sustainability or availability with respect to the website information, products, services or related graphics contains on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- We, any of our members, agent, employees, directors or partners, have no liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for:
- any loss of income or revenue, business, profits or contracts, and anticipated savings;
- any loss or corruption of data;
- any loss or damage which does not directly result from our failure to comply with this Agreement.
- The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if you are in breach of any of the terms of the Agreement or fail to make payment when due.
- You agree that Cagau may terminate your Cagau account and access to our Service at any time, without notice, for any reason including, but not limited to:
- breaches or violations of these Terms or other incorporated agreements or guidelines;
- requests by law enforcement or other government entities within the UAE;
- a request by you to delete your account;
- discontinuance or material modification to the Service;
- unexpected technical or security issues or problems;
- extended periods of inactivity;
- engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities;
- non-payment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services.
13.1 Termination of your Cagau account includes deletion of your Content, deleted of your password and all related information, and files and content associated with your account. Further, you agree that Cagau shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Service.
- Circumstances Beyond our Control
- Every effort is made to ensure the Website is up and running smoothly, however, Cagau takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- We, or any of our delivery partners or production services, will not be liable or responsible for any failure to deliver, or delay in production or delivery of, the Product(s) that is caused be an Event Beyond Our Control, as defined below.
- An “Event Beyond Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including but without limitation to, adverse weather conditions (such as sandstorms, floods, snow, storms), strikes or industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of a terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, earthquakes, natural disasters, epidemics, road traffic accidents or road closures.
- Law and Jurisdiction
15.1 These Terms, the Services and each Order and purchase of a Product(s) are governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
16. Purchase Terms & Warranty
16.1 Custom Watches & Parts (Cagau)
All new watches & custom watch parts, such as bezels & dials, purchased from Cagau come with a 12-month warranty from the date of purchase. This will supersede any manufacturer's warranty on bespoke or customised pieces. The warranty covers the mechanical parts of the watch (functions/movement) and the custom diamond setting work.
The warranty does not cover any form of water damage or misuse of the watch in any way. Due to the nature of customisation work – we cannot guarantee watches will be 100% water resistant once alterations, adding or removing parts has occurred.
In the event your watch has been damaged by water, Cagau will offer to repair the watch at your expense if possible.
16.2 Custom Watches (Client)
When a client supplies us with an existing watch to be customised by Cagau, we provide 12 months warranty on the diamond setting only. Once diamond setting has been completed it cannot be reversed. Due to the nature of customisation work – we cannot guarantee watches will be 100% water resistant once alterations, adding or removing parts has occurred. Whilst the watch is in our care, we are liable for loss and/or theft.